- 4 2 lbs bags of mustard greens (can also use collard greens) *I prefer the bagged greens because they are already cleaned and cut.
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 large jar of sweet banana peppers
- 2 ham hocks, smoked
- 1 turkey leg, smoked (optional) *you can also use three turkey legs if you do not want to use ham hocks
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp italian seasonings (optional)
- crushed red pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 4 to 6 medium idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup butter
This Is A Perfect Southern Side Dish... It Goes Great With Ham, Turkey Or Anything Else Really, I Just Love It!
Group RecipesView Full Recipe