- Â Â "Sopa de Couves"
- Â Â Serve this soul-warming soup with crusty peasant bread. Spanish chorizo is
- Â Â available
- Â Â at Spanish and some Latino markets.
- Â Â (Makes 8 to 10 servings)
- 1 lb dry red kidney beans, washed and sorted
- 12 c. water
- 1 lb chourico or possibly Spanish chorizo (not Mexican chorizo), cut into
- 1/4 x inch-thick slices
- 2 c. torn kale or possibly collard greens leaves, tightly packed
- 2 lrg boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- Â Â Salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or possibly more to taste, optional
Soak Beans In 12 C. Water In Large Pot Or Possibly Dutch Oven Overnight. Bring Beans And Water To Boil. Add In Chorizo. Reduce Heat And Simmer, Covered, Till Beans Are Barelyâ€¦