- Almond Joy Brownies Mix in a Jar
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (wipe jar after this layer)
- 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut, sprinkled with 1 teaspoon
- almond extract and tossed to blend
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped whole almonds
- 1 1/4 cups flour mixed with 1 teaspoon baking powder
- and 1 teaspoon salt
- Layer ingredients in order given in a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar. Press each layer firmly in place before adding next ingredient.
- Attach the following instructions on a gift tag:
- Almond Joy Brownies
- Makes 2 dozen brownies.
- Empty jar of brownie mix into large mixing bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly blend mix.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter or margarine (not diet), melted
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- Mix until completely blended. Spread batter in a sprayed 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan, then cut into 2-inch squares.
It's Always Nice To Have Gift Jars Ready To Go For Any Event!
Group RecipesView Full Recipe