- 1 box of 'Mexican Style' rice-a-Roni (a 6.4 oz box)
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch peices
- 2 1/4 cups of water
- half a can of 6 oz. large olives
- half an 8 oz. container of mushrooms, halved or quartered.
- half a small yellow onion, diced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3 tablespoons of butter, margarine, or vegetable oil (for chicken and rice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese and flour tortillas are optional, but not neccesary.
This Is A One Pot, Simple Yet Delicious Version Of Arroz Con Pollo. I Tried Once To Recreate A Version That I Remeberd From My Favorite Restaurant, But I Tried To Cook All The Ingredients In A Crok Pot. NEVER Cook Rice In A Crock Pot. It Was Horrible.Ha