IngredientsPickled Ginger-Wasabi Vinaigrette
1 ounce wasabi powder
1-1/2 ounce water
8 ounces safflower oil
4 ounces pickled ginger juice
2 ounces rice vinegar
1 ounce sugar
5 teaspoons dry mustard
2-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon dry onion
1. Combine wasabi powder and water in a small stainless steel bowl. Mix until well combined. Allow wasabi to sit for 5 minutes to 24 hours.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in a blender. Blend for 30 seconds or until well combined and frothy.
3. Add prepared wasabi. Blend until incorporated.
4. Pour dressing into squeeze bottles and refrigerate.
Yield: approx. 16 oz.
3 heads iceberg lettuce
1. Trim off the bottom third of each lettuce head (core side); soak top portions in ice water for 10 minutes to crisp and help separate the leaves. Carefully separate outer lettuce leaves, one at a time. Using kitchen shears, trim leaves to form 3- to 4-inch circles. Each head of lettuce should yield 8 to 10 lettuce cups, depending on the size and condition.
Yield: approx. 24 cups
Alaska Surimi Seafood Salad:
4 cups Alaska Surimi Seafood
4 cups Japanese short-grained rice, cooked
1-1/2 cups cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced
1-1/2 cups avocado, peeled, diced
2 cups Pickled Ginger-Wasabi Vinaigrette
1. Combine all ingredients in a stainless steel bowl. Mix well to combine.
2. Store salad in a container with a tight fitting lid. Refrigerate.
Yield: approx. 12 cups
Alaska SeafoodView Full Recipe