- 1 cup Arborio/short-grain rice
- 2 cups water
- scant 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. frozen peas
- pork (already cooked in sauce)You can use a piece of Boston Butt or even a pork chop or a country style pork rib. Make sure you cook it in your tomato sauce before you start this recipe.
- 2 cups grated romano cheese
- enough plain bread crumbs to coat balls.
- enough veg. oil to deep fry balls
This Is One Of The Very Few Recipes My Mother-in-law Taught Me To Make. She Was Without A Doubt One Of The Best Italian Cooks I Ever Met; And That Includes My Own Nonna Who Was A Whiz In The Kitchen...