- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cups cubed stale raisin-cinnamon bread
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup dried apples
- Hard cider Sauce, recipe follows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10 by 14-inch baking dish with the butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the cream, cider, sugar, melted butter, salt, and cinnamon, and whisk to combine. Add the bread, fresh and dried apples, and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the bread is well saturated, up to 1 hour.) Bake until the top is golden brown and the center is firm, about 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and let sit on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Cut into pieces and drizzle with the Hard cider Sauce.
- Serve immediately.
My Mom Would Make Thsi Every Year.......MAN OH MAN ...I Can Taste It Right Now.....makeing Myself Hungry For It ....hahahaha Hope You Enjoy
Group RecipesView Full Recipe