- applE cheeseCAKE BARS
- Makes 24 bars
- 1 -1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter flavor shortening or 3/4 stick
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped granny smith apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Heat oven to 350ÂºF.
- Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup granulated sugar in large bowl; mix well. Cut in shortening with fork until crumbs form. Reserve 1 cup mixture. Spray 13x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake at 350ÂºF for 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture is set. Do not brown. Place on cooling rack.
- Combine cream cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until well blended. Spread evenly over crust.
- Combine apples and raisins in medium bowl. Add almond extract; stir. Add 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice; mix well. Top cream cheese mixture evenly with apple mixture; sprinkle reserved oat mixture evenly over top. Bake at 350ÂºF for 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden. Place on cooling rack; cool completely. Cut into bars
A Perfect Fall Desseert - Apples And Cheesecake - What Could Be Better?
Group RecipesView Full Recipe