- For 1st time BBQ salmon
- All Indigents are Approximate:
- 2-3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4-5 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 4-5 Tbsp. honey mustard or Dijon
- Few drops liquid smoke
- Few drops worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp. chopped jarred garlic or 2 Tbsp fresh
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- Â½ cup bourbon whiskey (optional)
- Lots of fresh ground pepper
- A few dashes of garlic powder
- 1-2 tbs. red pepper flakes (I save the packs from pizza places)
- (No salt in marinade-it dries out the salmon)
- Put in bag or bowl and mix with fork or whisk.
- 1-2 pounds salmon filet (pick bones with pliers if necessary)
- Rinse salmon with cold water and Pat dry with paper towels.
- Put salmon skin side down in foil lined cake pan and pour marinade over (reserve 1/2 cup for basting) let set in fridge for 1 to 3 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat for 10 minutes and clean.
- oil grill (I soak some paper towels in vegetable oil, wad up then carefully oil grate with tongs) and spray salmon with some Pam then lay salmon on grill at an angle skin side up. Grill for about 3 minutes then carefully (it may stick a little so wait a minute if necessary) using 2 bbq spatulas move salmon 1/4 turn for grill marks. Grill for another 2-3 minutes. Flip salmon, turn grill to medium and grill for 4-6 minutes more basting with remainder marinade. Put 1-2 tbsp butter chopped up over salmon and sprinkle with salt, turn off grill and close for about 5 minutes.(Time is approximate-depends on thickness of salmon).
- Serve. 1 pound makes about 3 servings.
Wanted To Try To Copy The Whiskey River Salmon At A Local Steak House. This Was My First Time Barbeque'n. It Turned Out Really Good. Sunnie's First Time Kitchen Sink Salmon Marinade