- For each 8 tbs of softened unsalted butter, add one of the suggestions below:
- 1. 2 tbs strained fresh lemon juice and 2 generous tbs minced flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 2. 1 tbs each minced drained capers, pitted and minced oil-cured or kalamata olives, and minced roasted peppers or pimientos
- 3. 4 raw garlic cloves mashed to a wet paste with a little kosher salt (omit the salt when seasoning the butter).
- 4. Roasted garlic cloves, 2 tbs minced flat-leaf Italian parsley, and 2 tbs strained fresh lemon juice
- 5. 4 tbs minced scallions (white part and 1 1/2 inches of tender green), 4 minced garlic cloves, and 1 tbs minced flat-leaf parsley
- 6. 4 tbs Dijon mustard. 2 tsp strained fresh lemon juice, and 1 generous tbs minced drained capers.
- 7. 2 generous tbs any variation of pesto
- 8. 2 tbs minced shallots and 2 tbs minced fresh mint (serve with lamb)
- 9. 2 tsp curry powder (preferably Madras), 2 tsp strained fresh lemon juice, and 2 tbs minced flat-leaf parsley
- 10. 2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg, and 2 generous tbs maple syrup (for cooked sweet potatoes, winter squash, and sauteed apples and/or pears).
The I Love To Cook Book By Lauren Groveman
Group RecipesView Full Recipe