- Adapted from Jim Lahey, Sullivan Street Bakery First published in The New York Times last year was a recipe for No-Knead bread. It was a Phenomenon! Everybody was making this super easy artisan bread. I must of made at least 25 loaves. There was only one problem...the taste was a little bland....but Alas America's Test Kitchen version to the rescue.
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (15 ounces), plus additional for dusting work surface, I used Costco Organic
- 1/4 teaspoon instant or rapid-rise yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (7 ounces), at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mild-flavored lager (3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
I Like To Make Bread That..even Without Butter...tastes GREAT! Well...the Folks At Americas Test Kitchen Went To Work And Came Up With This Version Of The Famous No-Knead Bread From The New York Times. It's AMAZING! It's Also Heck-a EASY! Web Site Cooks