- These muffins make a healthy, high-fibre afternoon snack with a cup of tea.
- Makes 12 muffins.
- 1 cup (250 ml) finely diced fresh apricots
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil shortening
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup milk (skim or 1%)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Granulated sugar
Well, Apricots Are High On My List Of Favorite Fruits And These Muffins Are Healthy And Go With That Coffee In The Morning Or A Cuppa Tea For An Afternoon Snack.