- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces almond paste,* crumbled
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled, quartered, cored, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon warm honey
- *Almond paste is available in specialty foods stores and in the baking-products section of most supermarkets.
Frangipane Is Just A Term For A Sweet Almond Filling. Here It Enhances Winter's Favorite Fruit In A Pretty Dessert.
EpicuriousView Full Recipe