- Apple Pie French Toast
- 2 granny smith apples (peeled,cored and sliced)
- This develops into a thick carmel apple topping!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 slices bread
- 1/4 cup candied walnuts
- ( Recipe below )
- What ever you do, don't skip making these!
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (optional)
- 1. Spread the walnuts out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake in a preheated 350F oven until nice and toasted, about 5 minutes, and set aside. (Watch them carefully.)
- 3. Melt the sugar in a sauce pan and wait for it to turn a nice shade of amber.
- 4. Add the walnuts and mix to coat.
- 5. Pour the walnuts onto a sheet of parchment paper, quickly separate them, sprinkle them with the salt and let them cool.
I Found This Recipe And Just Had To Try It. I Have To Say It Was Amazing! The Hot Carmel Apple Topping Was A Breeze To Make, But The Thing That Put This Over The Top Is The Candiedâ€¦