- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 eggplant, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 oz. package mixed mushrooms, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 large tomatoes, diced small
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 18 plain toasted bagel crisps
- Warm oil in large deep skillet. Add eggplant in batches and saute until tender, about 5 minutes per batch. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, onions and parsley; cook until softened, another 3-4 minutes.
- Add vinegar, capers, tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop onto bagel crisps by the spoonful and serve. Top with some chopped parsley.
Instead of serving the caponata on bagel crisps, scoop it into sautéed mushroom caps for a completely vegetable treat.
This Caponata Appetizer Recipe Blends Eggplant, Tomatoes, Mushrooms And Onions For To Create Vegetarian Party Food That Everyone Will Enjoy.