- 2 cups flour
- 2 sticks cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Grind almonds and pecans in food processor, then add butter and continue to grind until smooth.
- Add 1/4 c powdered sugar and vanilla, then mix again.
- Add flour and anise seeds and grind mix until blended.
- After flouring hands, roll the dough into small balls.
- Place them about an inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until brown on the bottom.
- Cool for 15 minutes, then roll the still warm cookies in the rest of the powdered sugar.
- Let cool again, then add more powdered sugar.
More Mexican Recipes
- Mixx It!