- apple nut Bars
- 1/2 cup margarine or Crisco
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, freshly grated or 1/2 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- One 5.33 ounce can undiluted evaporated milk, or 2/3 cup
- 3 cups diced apples, cored hut not peeled
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease and flour 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. In large bowl, cream margarine and sugar. Beat in eggs. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and lemon peel. Add dry ingredients alternately with 2/3 cup milk to creamed mixture, stirring until well blended, Stir in apples and nuts. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 45 minutes or until apple bars are brown and pull away from sides of pan. Cool slightly. Cut into bars or squares.
- Helpful hints:
- Use skimmed evaporated milk to cut fat. Serve warm with whipped. cream or cool and eat as cookies by cutting into squares.
- Servings: 15-30
Another Great Fall Recipes Using Apple And Nuts!
Group RecipesView Full Recipe