- Arkansas Breakfast Casserole
- 6 slices bacon, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1 small green pepper, cored, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 6 cups cubed cooked potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large heavy skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp. Remove the bacon to drain. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of drippings. Heat the drippings remaining in the pan till it sizzles. Add the pepper, onion and potatoes and cook, stirring gently, until the potato cubes are browned. Sprinkle on the cheese and stir until it melts. Add the eggs and cook, stirring gently, until the eggs are set. season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on the crumbled bacon and serve at once.
An Easily Put Together Breakfast For A Cold Day.
Group RecipesView Full Recipe