- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 Braeburn apples, peeled and cut into 3/8-inch slices
- 1 recipe double crust pie dough
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place oven rack on lowest rung in oven.
- In a large bowl mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt to combine. Add apples and toss to mix. Transfer apple mixture to pie plate lined with uncooked pie dough.
- Dot top with butter. Cover top with uncooked pie dough crust. Seal edges and cut vents in top crust. Transfer pie to jelly roll pan.
- Bake on lowest shelf in oven 55-65 minutes, or until golden brown, the liquid in filling is bubbling and fruit falls off knife when pierced. Remove to rack to cool at least 2 hours
Servings per Recipe: 8
1 hour 30 minutes
This Apple Pie Lets The Apple Goodness Shine Through. The Apples Are Tossed With A Little Sugar And Cinnamon, Dotted With Butter And Blanketed With A Top Crust.