- 225g S-R flour
- 25g Cornflour
- 100g caster sugar
- 55g of cold butter
- 170g soured cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 generous tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of lemon essence or, if you cab be bothered, a teaspoon of lemon zest and a small squeeze of the juice.
- 1 largish or 2 small apples peeled and grated
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Teaspoon of cream of tartar
- Teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- Reserved dry mixture
- 2 scant tablespoons brown sugar
I Hate To Throw Food Away And Concocted This Recipe To Use A Pot Of Sour Cream And A Couple Of Organic Apples That Were Too Soft To Eat....
Nigella LawsonView Full Recipe