- 1L orange juice or sour milk (I used 1/2 orange juice, cheap is fine here,
- 1/2 yoghurt, which I had at home and needed to use)
- 1 pkts fresh yeast (=50 g total)
- 1 tbsp salt (I had Maldon, so used that)
- 300 ml malt (I used oat bran instead. Not the same at all, but it was what I had at home)
- 300 ml wheat bran
- 300 ml rye flour
- 1100-1300 ml wheat flour
- 300-400 ml dark syrup (like molasses syrup or something like that)
- My own addition: 2 tsp of ground peel from Seville oranges (=pomeransskal in Swedish). I expect grated orange zest would be good too. Anything spicy and orangey in flavour.
- Oh, and I added 2 handfuls of crushed linseed too.
I'm Making Bread, Archipelago Loaves, From A Recipe I Found In A Magazine. The Woman Whose Recipe It Is Is From My Hometown... Now, The Recipe Stated You Need Malt,…