- 3 C water
- 1 can bamboo shoots, drained.
- 1 medium acorn squash, hulled and cubed. (apr. 1lb)
- 3/4 c shiitake mushrooms, quartered.
- 1/2 c Chinese Black mushrooms, quartered
- 1 pkg Silken firm tofu, drained and weighted.
- 1 small pkg. snowpeas
- 1/2 lb red creamer (baby russet) potatoes, rinsed and cut into cubes.
- 3/4 c celery, cut into 1/2" segments
- 1/2 c baby carrot, julienned or matchstick cut
- 1 T white (Shiro) miso
- 3T minced garlic
- 1 T grated fresh ginger
- 1 medium shallot or one small onion, minced
- 2 T vegetable bouillion (I use Better Than Bouillion)
- 1t Krazy salt (sea salt and a little onion powder will substitute)
- cracked black pepper, to taste
Another Vegetarian Stew. This One Is A Variant On Traditional Chinese Four Winters Stew (so Called Because The Characters For The Four Main Ingredients All Have To Do With Winter Or Snow).