- * Taking into account the time to skin a gator, squirrel, possom and a hare.
- 5 pounds of alligator meat
- cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup of olive oil, +1 tsp.
- 1 1/4 pounds of smoked andouille sausage
- one 10 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup of margarine
- 1/3 cup of dark Roux
- 1/4 cup of chicken base
- 4 cups of Spanish Onion; chopped
- 1 cup of bell Pepper; chopped
- 1 cup of celery; diced
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Jalapeno Pepper; diced
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of garlic, chopped
- 3 cups of fresh mushrooms; sliced
- 2 quarts of water
- 1/2 cup of green onion bottoms; chopped
- 1/2 cup of parsley, chopped
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- Mixture of cornstarch and Thickening; optional
Heck Granny's Got The Squirrel In The Pot, And The Hare On The Spit - Little Brother Is Fiddling And Pappy's Got The Gator Smacking His Lips - It's Foot Stumping And A Feast In Louisianna Bayou.