- To serve 2, these sandwiches are huge and fililing for most. so may be cut in half and paired with a nice side and salad to feed four.
- 6-8 chicken tenders, salted and peppered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- olive oil to coat bottom of a nonstick pan
- 1 large red pepper, cut into wide strips
- 4 large slices of fresh pumpernickel
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 8 fresh large basil leaves
- grated asiago cheese, about 1/2 cup. or you can use slices to cover bread, if you prefer.
- thinly slice red onion
- olive oil to brush outside of bread
So Simple, Elegant To Look At, Too. One Sandwich Is A Full Meal With A Side Dish Of Some Sort. I Paired It With The Mustard And Coriander Roasted Potatoes Found On The Group Site. Outstanding