- 1 Sabrett brand 2 ounce beef frankfurter (7Â½" long)
- 1 regular hot dog roll
- 3 Tablespoons A&W Coney Island Sauce (see recipe below)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped white onion
- 1/2 Tablespoon Kraft shredded mild cheddar cheese (optional)
- A&W Coney Island chili Dog Sauce
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 six ounce can Hunts tomato paste
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon dried, minced onion
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (heaping)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Making the chili Dog Sauce:
- 1. In a 2 qt. saucepan, brown the ground chuck, breaking into very small
- pieces. salt and pepper lightly while cooking. Do not drain the fat.
- 2. Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, 30-45 minutes until it
- thickens. Stir occasionally.
- 3. Allow to cool, cover, and refrigerate until "Dog-Time". You'll be
- microwaving what you need later.
- Cooking your A&W chili Dog
- 1. Bring a 2 qt. saucepan of water to a rolling boil.
- 2. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and add the desired number of
- frankfurters to the water. Cover and let sit about 10 minutes.
- 3. After the franks are done, microwave the chili dog sauce until steaming.
- (Only microwave what you need, save the rest) Then microwave each hot dog
- roll 10 seconds....just enough to warm
Make Your Own Chili Dogs Like A & W Does!
Group RecipesView Full Recipe