- Alexander Sauce Pappadeaux
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet yellow onion
- 1 Â½ T. flour
- 1/2 c. clam juice
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 lb. each: small shrimp peeled and deveined and bay scallops
- 6 to 8 ozs cooked crawfish
- Heat 3 tablespoons butter in large sautÃ© pan, add onion, and cook until translucent over medium heat. Slowly stir in flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Blend in clam juice. Gradually add cream, cayenne pepper, salt, and white pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter in another large sautÃ© pan over medium heat; add shrimp and scallops and sautÃ© until they are about three quarters done, about 2 minutes. Add crawfish and sautÃ© 30 seconds. Drain butter, add reserved cream sauce mixture, and stir. Serve hot over your choice of cooked fish and enjoy.
- Good over grilled catfish. Why not crawfish
A Seafood Lover's In A Cream Sauce
Group RecipesView Full Recipe