- Can be made in a bread machine on dough setting, or by hand. But you have to bake in the oven.
- 10oz (275g) butter
- 3oz (100g) lard or dripping
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar or caster sugar
- 16oz (500g) plain all purpose flour (or better with strong white bread flour - that's what I tend to use for better results)
- 2 teaspoons of dried yeast or if making by hand then add some of the water to the yeast and make into a paste.
- 450ml warm water
- 1/2 tsp of salt
The Aberdeen Buttery Or Rowie Is A Breakfast Roll Similar In Style To The French Croissant. The Buttery Is Unique To The North East Of Scotland And Originated (as The Name Suggests) As Having An Extremely High Fat Content And Made By Fishermen During The