- ANDOUILLE STUFFED jalapenos
- MAKES 16
- 1 t. olive oil
- 2 oz. andouille or other smoked sausage, finely chopped
- 2 T. onion, finely chopped
- 1 t. garlic, minced
- 1 T. fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Â½ c. cream cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 16 large fresh jalapenos
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- 3 c. flour
- Pinch baking powder
- Essence to taste
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4- 1 c. beer, as needed
- Heat olive oil in small saute pan over medium heat and brown andouille. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool. In medium-size mixing bowl, combine garlic, parsley and cream cheese and mix well. Stir in andouille mixture, mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
- With sharp knife, split jalapenos in half lengthwise, leaving the stem intact. Remove seeds. Stuff 1 heaping T. filling in center of each jalapeno, then press together to seal. In large, heavy, deep pot or an electric fryer, heat 4 inches of vegetable oil to 360* F. Combine 1 c. flour and baking powder in shallow bowl and season with Essence. Place beer and eggs in mixing bowl and whisk in enough of the remaining flour to form batter. The batter should be thick, like a pancake batter. If the batter is too thick, add remaining 1/4 c. beer to thin it. Dredge stuffed peppers in seasoned flour, tapping off any excess. Dip jalapenos in batter, coating completely. Let the excess drip off. Gently lay jalapenos in hot oil, several at a time, and fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. season with Essence and serve.
Great For Any Party, Tailgating, Or For Your Favorite Armchair Quarterback.
Group RecipesView Full Recipe