- applE gingerBREAD PIE
- Makes One 9-inch Pie
- 8 Servings
- 1/2 cup shortening or 1/2 stick
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 -1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 4 -1/2 cups thinly sliced, peeled McIntosh or granny smith apples (about 1-1/2 pounds or 4 to 5 medium)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, to taste
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- For crust, heat oven to 375ÂºF. Cream shortening and sugar until light, using spoon. Stir in flour, ground pecans and ginger. Blend until mixture is uniform. Press into 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 375ÂºF for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- For filling, combine apples, honey and water in large saucepan. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until apples are tender. Stir in raisins, currants and apple pie spice. Cool. Spoon into cooled baked pie crust.
- For topping, spread whipped cream over filling. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This Is A Great Combination - And A Definite Family Favorite!
Group RecipesView Full Recipe