- 3 lbs of granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 stick of butter any will do
- 1cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons small tapioca beads
- 1/4 tsp alspice if you like "I dont"
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg if you like "I dont"
- 1/8c water
- 1/8c evaporated milk
- 1tsp white sugar
- pecans ..as many as you like whole, chopped anyway your heart desires.
- and to make it easy on those who dont roll their own crust..
- 1 pkg of Pillsbury pie crusts. 2 shells at room temperature
- TIDBIT: frying of apples... I do this to cut down cooking time on the pie and it turns out even better also even a different taste then the normal pie... I fry my apples in the butter add the spices while cooling, the tapioca, and the water.. before I place them in the pie shell... I let them get room temperature before placing in the pie shell..the shell will still raise up like the apples were stacked high. But either way works ;)
- TAPIOCA: this is just a filler as flour would be used. It comes out clear and full of that apple pie flavor. Do not use the big beads or you'll be lookin at your pie like its alive lol
Make Your Company Say WOW! This Is An Awesome Way To Make An Apple Pie Stand Out In A Crowd!
Group RecipesView Full Recipe