- A Different Mac and cheese Dish
- This is something I put together and it went over well. Very simple to make too!
- Saute in a bit of butter and olive oil (nice combination for many things!):
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 c. chopped bell pepper (I used red and green for the color)
- When crisp-tender, I added:
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes - Italian style (I wanted regular stewed tomatoes and didn't read the label - didn't know what to make so I used it for this dish!!)
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to low, simmer 10 minutes and toss in:
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes - stirring to melt
- To this add 12 oz. cooked pasta of choice - to cook pasta bring large pot of water to boil, add salt, wait for water to return to full boil, drop in pasta, cook al dente (to the bite) and drain thoroughly.
- Continue to cook on low for 3 to 4 minutes heating through.
A New Twist On Mac And Cheese.
Group RecipesView Full Recipe