- applE CRUMB BARS
- 1 cup quick or old-fashioned (rolled) oats
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Crumb Topping
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup quick rolled oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1.) Heat oven to 350Â° F. Lightly grease a 15- by 10- by 1-inch baking pan. Prepare Crumb Topping; set aside.
- 2.) In medium bowl, combine flour, oats, and sugar. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 4.) In medium bowl, combine oats, 1 cup flour, the brown sugar, baking powder, and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in beaten egg. Spread mixture evenly in pan.
- 7.) Toss apples with sugar, remaining 1/4 cup flour, and the nutmeg. Spread apples over oatmeal layer. Sprinle Crumb Topping in a diagonal pattern over apples. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender. To yield 40 bars, divide the 15-inch-long side into 8 sections. Divide the perpendicular 10-inch-long side into 5 sections.
A Delicious And Easily Made Homemade Dessert That Will Become A Family Favorite For A Long Time!
Group RecipesView Full Recipe