- 6 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- Note: For something a little different use 4 apples and 2 firm pears.
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. lemon zest, grated*
- 2 Tbsp. water or 2 Tbsp. apple juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1-1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- Note: I have sometimes added a handful of dried cherries or cranberries. This really kicks up the traditional "apple Crisp."
"Apple Crisp" My Way. When I Was Young, My Mother Always Used An Oatmeal Crumble Topping On Apple Crisp. Unfortunately, I Am Allergic To Oatmeal So This Is My Way Of Preparing An All Time Favourite.