- â¢ 1/2 pound dried salted cod fish.
- â¢ 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- â¢ 4 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- â¢ 3 large onions, chopped
- â¢ 4 cloves garlic, minced
- â¢ 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- â¢ 1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- â¢ 2 sprigs thyme
- â¢ 6 green onions, finely chopped
- â¢ 1/4 scotch bonnet pepper, finely chopped
- â¢ 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- â¢ 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, broken with your hands
- â¢ 2 (18-ounce) cans ackee*, drained
- â¢ Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Ackee Is To Jamaica What The Hamburger Is To The States, Pizza To Italy, And Fish And Chips To The Brits. Nothing Says Jamaica More Than The Island's National Fruit.