- â¢ Some real California, globe artichokes. Fresh is always best. Canned just won't do.
- â¢ Sharpe stainless steel knife
- â¢ Large stainless steel pot
- â¢ Â½ tsp salt per qt (ltr) of water.
- For the dipping sauce:
- â¢ Enough âReal Mayonnaiseâ to dip the chokes you got.
- â¢ Bit of butter (optional)
- â¢ Bit of lemon (optional)
- â¢ salt and fresh ground pepper (optional)
Okay, So Youâ€™ve Had Artichokes; Those Cute Little Marinated Artichoke Hearts In A Jar. Theyâ€™re Okay But If You Havenâ€™t Had The Real Thing, The Whole Artichoke (Cynara Cardunculus) Youâ€™ve Missed A Truly Great Treat. Back When I Lived In San Jose, C