- Old Age, I decided, is a gift.
- I am now, probably for the first time in my life, the person I have always wanted to be.
- I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly. As I've aged, I've become more kind to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend.
- I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avant garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.
- Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon?
- I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 50's, 60's, & 70's, and if I, wish I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.
- They, too, will get old.
- I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things..
- Sure, over the years my heart has been broken...
- But broken hearts are what give us strength andunderstanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.
- I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so may have died before their hair could turn silver.
- As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.
- So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free.. I like the person I have become.
- I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting about what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day. (If I feel like it)
- MAY OUR FRIENDSHIP NEVER COME APART ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART!
- MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE A RAINBOW OF SMILES ON YOUR FACE AND IN YOUR HEART FOREVER AND EVER!
This Is For All Of My Foodie Friends. The Picture Is Of My Dad.
Group RecipesView Full Recipe