- 6 C cooked rice (brown basmati is my fav)
- 1 lb pork sausage (cased or ground is fine, your preference) *
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked shrimp
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes
- 3 bell peppers (i recommend a variety of colors) *
- 2 yellow onions
- 3 ribs of celery *
- 15 pieces of chopped okra
- 2 C fresh or frozen corn *
- 1 TBS salt, give or take
- 3 TBS of basil
- Sriracha hot sauce to taste *
- * these items can be substituted for whatever you prefer or have.
While Not A True Gumbo, Maybe Closer To A Jambalaya, This Is A Pot Of Amazing Flavor. The Ingredients Can Be Adjusted To Preference. Jambo Is A Perfect Dish For A Gathering.