- 2 cans black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 can shoepeg corn(white and yellow) drained and rinsed
- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes with cilantro and lime
- 1 haberano pepper minced
- 2 jalepeno peppers minced
- 1 serrano pepper minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- black pepper to taste
- splash red wine vinegar
- A little extra virgin olive oil to taste
- salt (optional)
- at least 1/2 lime juiced (to taste)
- Handful fresh cilantro chopped.
- Mix all ingredients. top with cilantro and stir once.
- put in airtight contained, place in fridge, marinate 10-12 hours
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon if desired.
- Adjust for personal taste. Some Splenda/sugar is for some. More pepper or salt for others. But this is perfect for me
- a very personal seasoned dish
- serve withcrackers, as a side to ham and greens, or put in processor and make it like a humas. Great and good New Years Luck.
Great Cold Side Dish. Very Spicy Spin On Hoppin John. Can Be Processed Like A Humas, Serve With Crackers.
Group RecipesView Full Recipe