- 1/2 cup of slivered blanched almonds...heated and toasted in the oven. (about 12 minutes at 300 degrees-I love my toaster oven for this step)
- 1 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 4 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 6-8 rasps of a fresh whole nutmeg on a microplane
- 2 1/2 tsp of grated lemon rind (divided)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp of melted butter cooled to lukewarm
- 1 1/2 cups of lemon-flavored seltzer
- 1 cup of maple syrup-grade "B"
- 2 wedges of fresh lemon
- a pinch of salt
I Love Waffles...really I Do. I Enjoy Making Them For The Family. This One Requires A Little More Effort But It Is Well Worth The Effort For The Smiles It Brings To The Faces Of Those Who Eat Them Warm And Crispy From The Iron.