- How To Use An avocado For Beauty Care
- The avocado you use should be fully ripe. If you buy several unripe ones for future use, let them mellow in your fruit bowl (they look lovely with apples) or put them in a paper bag, or wrap them in foil to hasten the process.
- You may store your ripe avocados in the refrigerator, but never, never put this delicate fruit in the freezer. It might just die of shock.
- How do you know when the avocado is ripe? Hold it in the palm of your hand and gently press it with your fingers. A ripe fruit will yield to your touch. It will open easily, peel evenly and reveal its glorious green-gold interior.
- When the beauty formula calls for MASHED, PUREED, or MACERATED pulp the procedure is quite simple. Peel your avocado (or one-half) and remove the pit. Your avocado can now be PUREED, MASHED, or MACERATED by any of these methods: the fork, the blender, the potato ricer, the food processor or the sieve.
- The avocado like any other organic matter, is perishable. Some of the formulas on this site are designed for ONE TIME USE, and should be made up freshly for each treatment. Others may be refrigerated up to 48 hours.
- To prevent the avocado or its mixture with other ingredients from darkening while stored in your refrigerator, place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the avocado mixture so as not to expose the mixture to air. The usual method of adding lemon or lime juice for this purpose may be too harsh for skins which are dry or sensitive.
Group RecipesView Full Recipe