- Basic Mix For One recipe ( repeat x 3 ) but see notes for all 3 kinds of pancakes:
- Approximately 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- fresh grated black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 very large onion finely grated ( divided , larger amount goes for potato ancake recipe )
- minced fresh garlic ( optional ) esp. nice in zucchini recipe
- 1 Tbs fresh chopped or dried parsley for potato pancake recipe
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon for sweet potato recipe
- 2 to 4 large eggs
- 6 medium yukon gold potatoes ( or yellow potatoes ) fine chopped/ grated
- 1 medium zucchini shredded skin on
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and finely chopped or fine shredded or fine grated
- oil to fry ( example canola -not olive )
- Accompany with: applesauce, sour cream, maple syrup, mango chutney etc.
Gold Potatoes , Sweet Potatoes And Zucchini Individually Make Great Pancakes. Serve With Sour Cream, Applesauce Or Maple Syrup And Yes Mango Chutney!