- 1Kg, stewing beef, cut into chunks the size of a large butter bean.
- Â½ packet of pinto beans soaked overnight. Actually I cook mine for 20 minutes in a pressure cooker. I find the texture is more buttery done this way.
- 1 Can of chopped tomatoes,
- Large bottle of beer such as Aztec beer, Sol or Dos Equis will do.
- 2 Large onions, finely chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped.
- 2 Sticks of celery, chopped
- 2-3 peppers, red and green are fine - sliced into short strips. I use one of each.
- Jar of JalapeÃ±o peppers
- Table Spoon of salt
- Table spoon of course ground pepper.
- 1 Tablespoon of cumin
- 2 heaped teaspoons of chili powder or 8 fresh chiliâs seeded and chopped.
- ( If you can lay your hand on a jar of chipotle chiles in Adobe do so and add 2 teaspoons full) I got mine from Sainsburyâs in the section where you get things like real vanilla extract, Japanese ingredient etc. Check out www.coolchile.co.uk
- Â¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of dark instant coffee.
Zingy Chli That Will Ensure You Never Go Back To Mince And Red Kidney Beans Again. This Recipe Does Contain Tomatoes And Beans Which The Real Authentic Chili Does Not Contain, However, They Impart A Very Nice Texture And Flavour So I Have Included Them.