- 2 pounds whole anchovy fillets, "Alici Marinati"
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh torn large bread cubes, lightly toasted
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Peocrino Romano, plus extra for garnish
- 2 1/2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- 3 medium-sized boiled old russet potatoes, peeled and mashed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for frying
- Flour, for dredging
- 2 sliced lemons, for garnish
Food Network Invites You To Try This Anchovy Fritters: Alici In Polpette Recipe From Mario Batali.
Food NetworkView Full Recipe