- 7 1/4 pounds (3.2 k) boned beef shank (buy it boned)
- 6 teaspoons (15 g) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce (about half a head) of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 bottles Chianti (other tannic dry reds will work)
- 6 bay leaves
- Finely sliced Tuscan bread, toasted
Peposo Is A Rich Peppery Stew Traditionally Made By The Tileworkers Of Impruneta, Near Florence. There Are Two Recipes, One With Tomato And One Without. Alessio Pesucci Makes His Without, And It Is Very Nice, An Excellent Tuscan Answer To Chili.