- Yesterday I took one out of the freezer to thaw it for today. By 4:30 this morning (remember â I have to be at the babies house so mom can catch her ride to the terminal â sheâs a school bus aide) I had the steak rinsed, patted dry, in the crockpot with Kosher salt, fresh cracked black pepper, garlic, parsley, and a bit of onion powder. I sliced up a beautiful onion â one of those that would be perfect for a large bloominâ onion â turned the crockpot on HIGH and ran out the door.
- When I got home after 9:00 I turned the steak over â it was about half cooked. Fine by me. We needed to have our big meal at noon today.
- So I made a basic 3-Bean Salad:
- 1 can (15 oz.) yellow wax beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) green beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup sugar, in
- 1/3 cup vinegar (I used white today â cider is okay to use as well)
- Stirring in:
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Â¼ cup olive oil â mix well.
- Pour over beans; mix well, cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- By 11:30 I was peeling my potatoes to make mashed potatoes and starting my gravy. I tried to turn the steak and it just fell apart! Excellent!
Effortless Cooking! Really A No-fuss Meal â€“ Filling â€“ And The Steak Was Fork-tender And Just Melted In Our Mouths. Add A Slice Of French Bread â€“ Iâ€™m A Happy Camper!