- Â Â (South-of-the-Border Meatballs)
- Â Â Makes 60 meatballs
- Â Â These albondigas are meatballs gone south of the border. It's hard to say why
- Â Â they're so very good (is it the sugar), but you just cannot stop eating them.
- Â Â They're also very easy to make, so they're perfect party food.
- 2 lb lean grnd beef
- 3 x Large eggs, beaten
- 3 x fresh jalapeno chilies, stemmed and diced small WEAR GLOVES
- 1 lrg red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and diced small
- 4 lrg cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1Â 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or possibly to taste
- Â Â Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In A Large Mixing Bowl Combine Meat, Large Eggs, Jalapenos, Onion, Bell Pepper, Garlic, Ketchup, Worcestershire Sauce, Sugar And Kosher Salt; Mix Thoroughly By Hand. Be Careful Notâ€¦