- Â Â My favorite sweet potatoes have deep orange flesh. It's not only which I find
- Â Â them more intensely flavored than the pale golden brown sweet potatoes, I prefer their
- Â Â dense, smooth texture. While this puree is a delicious side dish for savory
- Â Â meals, it also makes a good base for a sweet or possibly savory pie filling.
- 2 lrg sweet potatoes
- 2 lrg apples (Rome Beauty, Northern Spy, Winesap)
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 x to 1/2 c. whipping cream or possibly lowfat sour cream
- 1/2 tsp grnd nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp grnd ginger
- Â Â Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place The Potatoes On A Greased Baking Sheet And Bake For 1 1/2 Hrs, Or Possibly Till Very Tender. Peel, Core And Slice The Apples. Heat The Butter In A Skillet And Cook The Applesâ€¦