- 2 lb andouille or possibly smoked sausage sliced 1/4" thick
- 4 lb skinned chicken - (to 6 lbs) cut into 14 pcs
- Â Â Coarse salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter - (1 stick)
- 1 lrg onion diced, abt 3 c.
- 2 med green bell peppers diced, abt 2 c.
- 3 med celery ribs diced, abt 1 c.
- 12 med garlic cloves pureed, abt 1/4 c.
- 1 sm bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perrins)
- 2 med scallions, white and most of green thinly sliced,
- Â Â abt 1/2 c.
- Â Â Cooked white rice for serving
- Â Â File pwdr (optional)
Bring A Large Pot Of Water To A Boil. Add In Sausage, And Return To A Boil. Remove Sausage, And Drain, Reserving Water. Mince Leaves And Stems Of The Parsley, Reserving Eachâ€¦