- 3 quart Regular-strength beef broth
- 1 lrg Can (28 ounce.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 lrg Can (7 ounce.) diced green chiles
- 1 lrg (about 1/2-lb.) onion, minced
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Crumbled dry basil leaves
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Crumbled dry oregano leaves
- 1/2 x To 1 teaspoon liquid warm pepper seasoning
- 1/2 c. Long-grain white rice
- Â Â Meatballs (recipe follows)
- 1/2 c. Chopped fresh cilantro (coriander)
- Â Â Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- Â Â In a 6- to 8-qt pan, combine broth, tomatoes and their
- Â Â Liquid, chiles, onion, basil, oregano, and warm pepper
- Â Â Seasoning to taste. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Â Â Add in rice, cover and simmer 15 min. Add in meatballs
- Â Â Cover and simmer till meatballs are not pink in the
- Â Â Center (cut to test), 10 to 15 min longer. Stir
- Â Â In the chopped cilantro.
- Â Â Ladle into bowls and garnish with cilantro sprigs. Add in
- Â Â Salt and pepper to taste. Makes about 5 qts, 10 to
- 12 x Servings.
MEATBALLS: In A Large Bowl, Mix Together Till Well Blended 1 Lb. Grnd LEAN BEEF; 1/3 Lb. BULK PORK SAUSAGE; 1/2 C. CORNMEAL; 1/4 C. Lowfat Milk; 1 Large EGG; 1 Small (about 6â€¦