- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 pounds chicken wings (about 17), tips removed
- In a large resealable plastic bag combine soy sauce, sake, garlic, honey and ginger. Add chicken wings and marinate, turning occasionally, 8-12 hours.
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F. Drain marinade and discard. Place wings on cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil. Cook, turning once, about 35 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- Instead of the sake, you can use rice wine vinegar, freshly squeezed lemon juice or bottled lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger root can be used instead of the powdered ginger
Make it Faster
- Purchase trimmed wing pieces (chicken drummettes) or leave the wing tip on the chicken wing
Tips & Tricks
Coating the spoon with nonstick spray will make getting the honey out of the measuring spoon easier
8 hours 55 minutes
These No-fuss Marinated Chicken Wings, Flavored With Soy Sauce, Wine, And Honey, Are Perfect For A Super Bowl Party Or Any Casual Entertaining. The Recipe Is Easy To Double, And There Are A Couple Of Time-saving Make-ahead Possibilities.